At Passport, we understand that occasionally, there may be a need to change or update the delivery address on a parcel. However, it's very important to note that once a parcel label has been created, we cannot make any changes or updates to the delivery address. This policy is in place to ensure the security and efficiency of our delivery process.There are several important reasons why we are unable to accommodate address changes or updates once a parcel is in transit:
- Security: Our priority is to protect personal customer information and maintain the security of your shipments. Allowing address changes after dispatch can pose a risk to the confidentiality of your package's content and delivery information.
- Operational Efficiency: To maintain a smooth and efficient delivery process, we must follow a strict logistical plan. Allowing address changes on parcels in transit can disrupt this plan and potentially delay the delivery of the customer's package.
- Fraud Prevention: Address change requests after dispatch can be used for fraudulent activities. By adhering to our no-address-change policy, we minimize the risk of such fraudulent activities affecting your customers.
What to Do If the Customer Needs to Change the Delivery Address:
- Early Notification: Ideally the customer has reached out before the label has been created. You can update the address for the order in your eCommerce platform if the order has not been fulfilled (meaning the label has not been printed) by your warehouse.
- Contact the Local Carrier: Parcels that have had the label printed cannot have the address updated. We recommend advising your customers to keep a close eye on the Passport tracking page and contact the local carrier to provide an update once the parcel arrives in their network. Please only contact Passport for additional support after confirming the customer was in touch with the local carrier and the carrier advised to contact Passport to provide the instructions. The destination country cannot be updated for any parcel.
- Contact the Recipient: If the parcel is being sent to someone other than the purchaser, have the purchaser contact the recipient to see if they can make arrangements to accept the delivery at the originally specified address.
If you have any more questions or need help, please don't hesitate to contact our customer experience team, and we'll be happy to help you to the best of our ability. We want you to know that your satisfaction is important to us, and we appreciate your understanding of our address change or update policy.